Tuesday, April 20, 2010

EVER SEEN A MALAY BUTLER?

Butlers have always fascinated me. Popular images of them are potrayed as more than just a manservant with their posh stature and usually dry British wit. My earliest memory of the iconic butler are the classic Mr. Belvedere and the truly lovable Niles, from The Nanny sitcom. Oooh, his manipulative and sabotaging ways always put a smile on my face, and his insults to his arch-enemy  turned love interest C.C Babcock are deliciously evil. I love him!

There are, of course, others who greatly contributed in whodunits and period dramas, which just made me realize how essential these people are whom we normally view as the domestic help, even it's just in the movies. 

Imagine my delight when I've finally get the chance to meet a Malay butler who serves at the residence of out TYT Head of State of Penang.






















Thankfully he didn't speak with a high and mighty British accent or I would've fainted there and then due to the excitement!


Haiii... macam mana nak jadi pemimpin wanita macam ni? Orang dok sibuk bincang hal ekonomi orang Melayu Penang, dia dok skodeng anak teruna orang! Heh heh...

2 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

they call em butlers when they're malays too....? i thot only for org puteh. kekekeke

NORA ANSHAR said...

hahahahhaha... skodeng je. no harm done, right?! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...