Wednesday, February 07, 2007

07022007

A special dedication to my father, with whom I share a birthday. Happy 55th Birthday, dear Abah.



I wish to inherit your business mind, work ethics and your sense of direction.

Thank you to the woman who birthed me into this world (whose cleverly devised plan to make sure I share a birthday with her was thwarted when I decided to pop out a few weeks earlier!)



I wish to inherit your brilliance, youthful vigour (figure??) and resourcefulness.

To the woman who tirelessly cared for me while my folks were busy earning a living (and who never fails to remind me of that broken tea pot story!)



I wish to inherit your wisdom and boundless capacity for love.

To the ladies whom I look up to, who had been my involuntary playmates and sketch artistes to all my requests for drawings of 'pin-cesses'.



I wish to inherit your spunk spunkiness, strength and assertiveness.

I may be 28 today, but I'll always be your hairless little girl.


Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mama Sarah said...

kih kih kih... sangat comel.

Happy Birthday Anne (and Anne's Abah).

deathBerry said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne, hope you had a good birthday dinner with your family. Hope that headache's gone now. Poor thing, hor? Birthday girl got rough day at the office, hor?

Happy birthday once again! :)

Anonymous said...

"i wish to inherit your spunk"????

say what?

ps
happy birthday anne!!!!!!!!

dyanna said...

Haay..py birthdaaaay tooo youuu...
Haay..py birthdaaaay tooo youuu...
Haay..py biiiirthdaaay too Anneee...and her daddy too.
Haay..py birthdaaaay tooo youuu...

Three cheers;
Hip hip, Hooray!! (3x).

Anonymous said...

happy belated burfday mak nunu! semoga di panjang umur dan dimurahkan rezeki, amin!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday anne! :)
must be quite special to share a birthday with your loved one, your abah no less! :)

Anonymous said...

happy burfday, my penang mak mertua!! oh, and mummy says semoga panjang umur too!

woahhhh, for a moment there, i thought that was nunu gone retro or went thru a time warp! :O

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Aunty Anne!! You look so cute as a baby .. macam nunu

Anonymous said...

ms & cik berry, mak nuha, thnks for the wishes! Amin3x...

moby, yeah we had a great time. My parents couldn't make it though, mom's gotta take care of tok & abah was stuck in a meeting.

heriati, itulah. I was supposed to pop out on mom's bday. Nak jadi cerita, terawal lah pulak!

aniq, tq munchkin! Now if i am ur penang MIL, u must have 3 other MILs stashed somewhere!

alya dear, thnks! actually the only think that nunu & i (as a baby) have in common is the hairline & of coz the lack of hair.

cik cady! Thnks babe. Eh u pernah ke tgk gambar i ngan nunu? Tak pernah kannn? hugs2 back to u.

Anonymous said...

dyanna, apsal i imagine u nyanyi lagu bday dgn suara bug bunny eh? :)

and lastly, mynn! you wicked, wicked man, you! I thought i misspelled something (skunk??), until i googled the word!

Anonymous said...

alamak! kiter terlambat sey. anyway...selamat hari jadi (jadi aper eh?!)...yeyey!

eh...tuh nunu ke awak?!

Anonymous said...

(SOOOO BELATED!!!) Happy Birthday! I see now where Nunu gets her beauty! Wow... she looks a lot like you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...