Monday, August 14, 2006

COOKIE MONSTER

Whooooooo's the Cookie monster?


I am!

It's about time I relent and give my baby a cookie. As much as I wanna keep feeding her gooey mush, I also need to think about her itchy gums. What jolted me out of my delusional puritan ways? One of her teether (the plastic type with water inside which she likes straight cold from the fridge) is already leaking due to her constant gnawing. She reminds me Sunny from the Lemony Snicket's movie (so does Uncle Dr. Mynn :) Her teethers and Tutu Chew aside, she particularly favours rubbery & plasticky objects. I caught her once industriously biting my house slippers. No kidding.

Back to the cookie, I scoured a few stores and settled for the Baby Bites Rice Rusk original. I couldn't find anything 'sugarless', but the store assistant said this was as tawar/flavourless as they can get. So as we get into the car, I said to myself "I won't give it to her immediately, but I'll give her a cookie if she starts acting up on the way."

Like I predicted, she started fussing and I handed her a piece. She looked at it suspiciously at first and scrunched up her face at me like I was doing the craziest thing. She automatically put it in the mouth and I prayed she didn't choke on the tiny bits. I know I'm paranoid but I get her sippy bottle ready just in case.

To my amazement, she chomped on it like a pro. The rusk got surprisingly soft once it's in contact with saliva (melts better in the mouth than M&Ms!) and she seemed like she knew what to do. Step by step. Bites. Chomps. Chews. Swallow. Take a breath. Bites again.

It occured to me that she was feeding herself independently for the first time and I got a sudden rush of overwhelming feeling that drove me close to tears. But I snapped out of it because she demanded for a second, AND a third rusk.

I almost burst into hysterical laughter when I tried to reach over to break the piece in two, she held the cookie as far away as she could from my grasp and quicky stuffed it her mouth with her face turned away- as if I'm trying to confiscate the cookie from her! Eh, where does she learn all this?


I notice that she always eat using the left hand...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Bites! The biscuit of champions! I like 'em too!

mynn said...

haha, so cuuute!

another person who likes Farley's Rusks is yours truly :)) usually when i get Farley's Rusks I'd say it's for Amar and Sarah but i'll finish them myself (secretly, of course).

ps
if she could bite a teether to bits, imagine what her teeth could do if she were to bite you!

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it! Trin and I have had teeth marks from Ajab's bitings.

When Nunu has teeth, NEVER, EVER put your finger inside her mouth for fun. When she bites (if she bites like Ajab) it's gonna be really painful! :D

Anonymous said...

i can't believe it!!

we give them the same rusks! they both luv it! they're instant professionals at baby bites munching!

they both prefer using their left hand to eat!

ok, brapa hantaran?

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
Loss program lose weight fast http://www.tenuate-0.info/Best-best-cheap-meridia-online.html Meridia weight loss articles sam hentai meridia Business travel insurence Phycisians weight loss jobs mardi hillcrest hospital births Fact about meridia 1021buy meridia Diet meridia drug Gerry backpack Am tenuate meridia Switch from celsius to fahrenehit kia sorento

Anonymous said...

hurhur....aisyah eats baby biskots too....:D will try rusks again...the last time she ate them, she puke everything out!

i read somewhere babies ard this age too lil to tell whether they are gonna be left-handed or not.

Anonymous said...

ajab, they're pretty yummy, aren't they?

mynn, samalah u ngan martian. Belasah biskut baby smpi habis (he said he used to secretly munch his baby bro's rusk too). Tht's why i dont think i shud buy farley's. Plus i read tht it's high in sugar content. More suitable as a sweet treat rather thn a teething biscuit

moby, i'll keep tht in mind. For now i have to bear her scratch marks :(

hana, hehe they do have a lot in common! I thought it's juz us LOL hantaran kena set sekarang ke?

eh, why aisyah didn't like 'em? Maybe she prefers if you bake 'em yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Aunty Anne, Daddy says dun set hantaran now.

Must take into account inflation and future value of present money or whatever accounting jargon that Daddy obviously left behind in school. :D

Mama Nabi said...

She gets more beautiful each time you post a picture!!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... 5mg versus 20mg lexapro

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Mattress vancouver What did bmw originally produce Human piles of crap Digital textile printing ireland Vehicle navigation system lincoln Sd power ball coil water heater Medical malpractice pre-trial screening Unity digital cameras and photography Snort oxycontin Earn money games school dress codes improving academic performance Direct tv springfield mo Lasik eye surgery in sydney Easy cash advance oklahoma poster or digital printing back school games

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work vicodin es Car cd player schematics diagrams How to get a patent on a product Group health insurance quote temporary obtain patent services hp desktop computer europe patent litigation cabot microelectronic Ritalin en chocolade Divorce results

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...