Thursday, June 24, 2010

BUTTERFLY

For the school hols this time around, I'm quite proud to report that we did go places.

Well, just one place to be frank, but that's good enough!























 Thanks Acu Fizah for whisking us away from our mundane Tuesday afternoon for ad-hoc excursion at Penang Butterfly Farm. The last time I went there was when I was 10, I think!
























 Pic's a lil' blurry but doesn't that butterfly look humongous? Camera trick by Acu.
















Happy girl~!
















 The offical map holder/navigator yang penakut pahit dengan butterflies.




















 To 'heighten' our Penang Island experience, I told Acu to just drop us off at the ferry terminal and we'd take the ferry on foot. I haven't done that since my USM days and it would be Nunu's first experience. 

Thankfully she was bright and chirpy from her short nap in the car from Teluk Bahang after the excursion. She didn't mind the long walk up to the terminal bridge and enjoyed the sea breeze despite the drizzling rain.

Everytime I board the ferry, especially when I'm on foot, my memory sends me back to July 31st, 1988 when the North Sea ferry terminal collapsed, killing 31 people. I googled around and found the photos of the tragic event. It was such a huge shock for us in the classroom that day when we heard of the tragedy. A lot of the girls were crying.

Anyway, after the ferry ride, we took the bus, Rapid Penang! We waited at the bus terminal for a while, but the ride home to my parents' place in Seberang Jaya (coz I parked my car there before going off to Penang with Fizah) was a pleasant one. The bus was very comfortable and clean!

So that pretty much sums up our school hols story. It is wasn't raining, we could have brought Nunu to cecah-cecah kaki at the beautiful Teluk Bahang beach, but what to do, takde rezeki...

Next time? We'll see!

3 comments:

Along said...

Sounds like u guys had a great time. The best plans are those that are simple and just go with the flow.

Drama Mama said...

weee! i haven't been to butterfly farm since i was ..... like .... ermmm i can't remember! tapi my biras went recently jugak and she said seronok. so one of these days harus jejak kaki jugak! hehe

http://twinkywinkystars.blogspot.com

nuhaafnan said...

dudes, sorry I forgot that I turned on the comment moderation on this blog! hahah, teruk betul.

along, indeed! it was truly a memorable one

bai, tu lahh... i'm like sooo dying to bawak nunu naik bukit bendera, main kat beach in penang, gi botanical garden/youth park... but what to do? No one in my family seem to be interested in these excursions...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...