Sunday, March 28, 2010

THE CARROT CLUB

 I've been meaning to update the blog with something worthwhile, but as usual, a lot of things are holding me back. Heck, I'm hardly on FB and YM even! I could go on and on about what those things are, but some other day then. I'll spare you guys the details.

However, I've been dying to share this delish carrot cake recipe, originally given to me by Babybooned and adapted to my taste. I swear, the smell wafting from your kitchen when you bake this cake will literally bring your neighbours knocking on your door!























CARROT CAKE

250 ml vegetable oil (canola/sunflower)
230 g castor sugar
2 tbsp orange juice
4 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla essence (or 1 tsp of vanilla prima)
300 g grated carrot (sieve the liquid, but not too much)
50 g mixed fruit
50 g black sultanas
60 g walnuts (chopped) (you can use chopped almonds too)
Sieve together:
200 g plain flour
30 g cornflour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon powder
½ tsp. nutmeg powder

Method:

1.    Beat sugar + oil till well mixed and fluffy. Beat in orange juice until well mixed.
2.    Add eggs one at a time and whip until light. Fold in sieved flour mixture and mix well.
3.    Add vanilla essence, grated carrot, walnuts and mixed fruits / sultanas to the mixture. Mix well.
4.    Pour into greased loaf pan or 8 inch square pan. Bake in preheated oven (at 180 degrees Celsius) for 45 to 60 minutes.

I love to eat the cake as it is, the taste is still amazing. I don't really fancy cream cheese frosting as it is traditionally paired with, so what I do is sprinkle the top of the cake with chopped white chocolate or white chocolate slivers and a handful of almond slivers.

So, there it is! I dare you try this very easy recipe. You don't even need a mixer if you have arm muscle strength and a puny egg beater like me. The only two other hard things to do in this recipe is taking out that weighing scale from it's dusty storage place and painstakingly measuring out the ingredients.

Haha, no, it's not that bad. I just hate to do all those things coz I'm too used to my measuring cups.

OK, that's all I have time for. Tune in again next time for my adventurous culinary endevours.

Memasak itu mudah dan menyeronokkan! *Flashes dimples and a saccharine sweet smile*

3 comments:

FairyGodmother said...

ooooo...looks heavenly!!!!

Along said...

I love the little rabbit and the carrots on top. So cute!!

nuhaafnan said...

wina, eat 1st, then can go to heaven. hehe

along, hmm mr rabbit tu baru 1st time. still so cacat. tulah tanak belajar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...